Scholar status is judged on academic achievement and potential leadership, including school and community activities, interviews, essays, motivation, character, integrity, golf service and various recommendations.
The Scholarship is a four-year renewable scholarship. The Fund is an equal opportunity scholarship program and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion or ethnic origin.
- All Ouimet Scholarship candidates must have performed 2+ years of service to golf at any golf course in Massachusetts.
- The candidate must also plan to attend an accredited institution of undergraduate higher education full-time. That includes those attending Junior or Community Colleges and those who plan to pursue bachelor’s or associate degrees.
- Students may apply as seniors in high school or during their college career.
How to Get Started
The Ouimet Scholarship application is entirely online. To get started, you can click below and submit your application request. A Ouimet staff member will review your qualifications and email you the 25/26 Ouimet application link.
- Online application form & 3 essays
- Applicant photo
- Club supervisor recommendation
- Ouimet club chairman or club member recommendation
- High school/college transcript through Spring 2024
- Guidance counselor/college advisor recommendation
- Attend your Ouimet Fund interview: scheduled in March/April
- CSS/Profile: submit your CSS/Profile online at www.collegeboard.com and use Ouimet Fund’s code (0467)
- FAFSA Student Aid Report: submit your financial information online at www.fafsa.gov & submit a copy to the Ouimet Scholarship online application
- High school/college transcript through Spring 2025
- Financial aid letter from the college you will attending for the 2025/2026 academic year
*NOTE: If you are applying for Honorary status only, the FAFSA, CSS/Profile and financial aid letter are NOT needed.
The completed application will be used to assess your qualifications to be considered a Ouimet Scholar. The interviewers, the Scholarship Committee, and designated Ouimet Fund staff will be the only persons seeing or using this information. Interviewers are not given family financial information.
- All Ouimet application recommendations are completed via the online application portal.
- Students must submit requests for recommendations first, then supporters will fill out a confidential online recommendation via an email link.
- If a student has requested a recommendation from you, please click the personalized link in the request email. From there, you will fill out some generalized information about the student’s work history as well as some notes on 5 categories including character, leadership and responsibility. Once submitted, both you and the student will receive an auto-email confirmation. All recommendations are confidential and are not viewable to the applicant. Only Ouimet staff, the Ouimet Scholarship Committee and a few Ouimet volunteer interviewers will be able to view your recommendation. Thank you for supporting our potential Ouimet Scholars!
- Paper copies or letters are not accepted.
Financial Aid Eligibility
Financial awards are determined by analysis of certified need by submission of the FAFSA, and the CSS Profile.
As part of the qualifications for the Ouimet Scholarship, we require the student to show financial need. Should an applicant show no financial need, but exhibit all of the other requirements, we offer an HONORARY Scholar status. Honorary Scholars receive a nominal financial award and receive all of the same benefits and participate in all events offered by The Fund. Financial Need is re-evaluated every year.