Launched in 2020, the Ouimet Onward program assists Scholars with finding job and internship opportunities, as well as growing their respective professional networks. The Career Fair, Career Portal, and Networking Events are an all-encompassing offering to our Scholars and Alumni to assist with their professional lives after college has ended. The goal is to continue to connect our wide Alumni base, as well as our corporate sponsors and generous donors, with Ouimet Scholars & Alumni seeking internships or full-time employment. Click here to learn more!
Impact Greater than Scholarships
One of the great benefits for our current scholars is the opportunity to attend the Ouimet Fund Annual Banquet as a complimentary guest. This event brings together many friends of The Fund including current Scholars, Alumni, sponsors and individual donors for an amazing night of networking!
2022 Career Fair
Virual Career Fair
Thursday, September 22, 2022
10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
The 2022 Career Fair is entirely virtual to allow Scholars and Partners across the country to participate. In the coming weeks, Scholars and Partners will receieve a link to register and more details on how to partake.
Click here for event information.
We are proud to call you a Ouimet Alumnus and we hope you are too! Thousands of others before you share the same honor and promote this distinction in their professional lives. For some, just the mention of being a Ouimet Scholar has opened doors and even been “the difference maker” in this competitive job market! Below we’ve included some template language we encourage you to copy and paste to share on your LinkedIn profile/resume.
Francis Ouimet Scholarship Fund – Norton, MA September 2016 – May 2020
- Through working at (GOLF CLUB NAME), I met the requirements and applied to be a Ouimet Scholar. To earn this distinguished honor, I went through a rigorous application and interview process including references from supervisors and club members who utilized my services during my time at the club.
- The Ouimet Fund defines a Scholar as someone with strong academic achievement, potential leadership and community involvement along with golf service demonstrating qualities of motivation, character and integrity.
Opportunities at Local & National Golf Organizations
- Golf Course Superintendent Association of New England (GCSANE)
- Golf Job Boards – Nextgengolf
- International Association of Golf Administrators (IAGA)
- New England Club Managers Association (NECMA)
- Professional Golf Association – New England Chapter (NEPGA)
- PGA Tour – Jobs Board (PGA Tour)
- United States Golf Association (USGA)
- PGA of America