Scholarship Application Process
Scholar status is judged on academic achievement and potential leadership, including school and community activities, interviews, essays, motivation, character, integrity, golf service and various recommendations.
The Scholarship is a four-year renewable scholarship. The Fund is an equal opportunity scholarship program and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion or ethnic origin.
- All Ouimet Scholarship candidates must have performed 2+ years service to golf as caddies, or in golf professional or course superintendent operations at any golf course in Massachusetts.
- The candidate must also plan to attend an accredited institution of undergraduate higher education full-time.
- Students may apply as seniors in high school or during their college career.
How to Get Started
- Sign up for an account by clicking sign up. Enter your email and create a password. It is best to not use a high school email address as it will be your login moving forward.
- Click Sign up.
- Click create a profile to get started.
- Input your contact information.
- Click Save. Click ok to start your entry.
- Scroll down and click get started.
- Fill out the eligibility form by clicking edit. Once completed (click save and then submit on the main application page), a Ouimet staff member will view your requirements and move you forward in the application process if you qualify. You will receive an email when this is complete. In order to qualify, you must have worked 2 years at a Massachusetts Golf Club and be attending an accredited college in 2021/2022.
Application now available for the 2021-2022 school year!
December 1, 2020
- Online application form & 3 essays
- Applicant photo
- Club supervisor recommendation
- Ouimet club chairman or club member recommendation
- Official or unofficial high school/college transcript through Spring 2020
- Official copy of SAT/ACT scores (in addition, please send any new SAT scores after December 1, 2020)
- Guidance counselor/college adviser recommendation
June 30, 2021
- Attend your Ouimet Fund interview: scheduled in spring for high school seniors/summer for college & prep school students
- CSS/Profile: submit your CSS/Profile online at www.collegeboard.com and use Ouimet Fund’s code (0467) – this will be sent automatically to The Fund
- FAFSA Student Aid Report: submit your financial information online at www.fafsa.gov & submit a copy to the Ouimet Scholarship online application
- Official or unofficial high school/college transcript through Spring 2021
- Financial aid letter from the college you will attending for the 2021/2022 academic year (necessary whether or not you are receiving financial aid from your college/university)
*NOTE: If you are applying for Honorary status only, the FAFSA, CSS/Profile and financial aid letter are NOT needed.
Financial Aid Eligibility
Financial awards are determined by analysis of certified need by submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and the CSS/PROFILE.
As part of the qualifications for the Ouimet Scholarship, we require the student to show financial need. Should an applicant show no financial need, but exhibit all of the other requirements, we offer an HONORARY Scholar status. Honorary Scholars receive a nominal financial award and receive all of the same benefits and participate in all events offered by The Fund. Should the financial need change during the college years, the student would be considered for aid after the appropriate financial forms are submitted to The Fund.
The completed application will be used to assess your qualifications to be considered a Ouimet Scholar. The interviewers, the Scholarship Committee, and designated Ouimet Fund staff will be the only persons seeing or using this information. Interviewers are not given family financial information.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact Michelle Edwards, the Director of Scholarships via email at MichelleE@ouimet.org or by phone at 774.430.9093.